Welcome to Holly's Funerals
We are award winning, contemporary funeral directors with a modern, holistic approach to funerals. To find out more about us click here
We care for all our guests with love and affection, as if they were part of our own family, and support clients to be involved in the care of their loved ones if they wish. To find out more about how we care for our guests click here
We help families create truly beautiful and memorable funerals at lovely venues throughout Kent and East Sussex. To find out more about beautiful funerals click here
We are always happy to talk to people about the way we work and the options that are available to them, so please feel free to drop in or call us. To find out where we are and how to get in touch click here
Following recent changes in legislation and guidance, here is a brief update as at this present moment. However, guidance and regulation regarding funerals is changing daily and so it's always best to check on the latest rulings.
* Anyone involved in "Management of the deceased" is defined as a Key Worker and so able to continue working and arranging funerals. However, where possible we are conducting most business via email and telephone.
* The funeral industry continues to operate as normal as possible but with a reduced level of choice and service.
* For the time being, funeral services are allowed to continue BUT ONLY for immediate family. Although there is no specified or defined number of mourners allowed, these should be kept as low as possible (ideally fewer than 10 people) and mourners should still follow the social distancing guidelines.
* Many chapels, churches and private venues that (in the past) would have allowed funeral services are now closed and not available for services.
* For this reason, many families are choosing to have a Direct Cremation (a cremation without a service) with a view to holding a ceremony later in the year when the situation becomes clearer.
* Many crematoriums may well have there own individual rules - so these should be investigated locally.
* Most, if not all, crematoriums are now accepting (or insisting on) documents via email and this includes the "Green Form" from the registrar and Doctors Certificates which will be sent directly via email to the nominated facility.
* New rules regarding the Registration of Deaths mean that it is no longer possible to do this face-to-face and Registration is being undertaken by telephone. Please contact your local authority to find out more. This will be the County or District Council where the person died.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call or email me.
Stay safe. Very best wishes
07717 596 925
Want to know more?
Please watch our short video (under 5 mins) to find out more about us and what we do...
... take a look at our blog. There are some useful articles and information about funerals...
... and follow us on Social Media...
We have collaborated with Katrina Taee, a bereavement specialist and an End of Life Doula to create a series of short videos to help everyone understand the journey of grief.
This course is completely free and we hope you gain some comfort from it.